Stokes Hill Cup
Dry Season Race Series
A dry season initiative to get Sailors out on the water doing what they love best.
This handicapped one-division, four-race series is run in similar fashion to the Wet Season Race Series, with courses set around the Darwin Harbour under the Simplified Rules of Racing.
Participants then head to the clubhouse to catch up on the day’s action and find out the day’s winners. Many stay on to enjoy the a-la-carte dinner options and live music on offer.
DBCYA welcomes all skippers and crew no matter what their experience.
RACEBOOK INCLUDING NOTICE OF RACE
RACE DATES FOR 2022 STOKES HILL CUP – all 1330hrs start
Series Presentation – TBA
SAFETY SELF AUDIT
Safety Self-Audit Form – Cat 5 to be completed by each skipper prior to participation.
There are three ways to register for a race:
- At the official sign-on, between 6pm and 7pm the Friday before each race at the DBCYA clubhouse, where a free drink for the skipper awaits. New participants are especially encouraged along on the Friday to get familiar and get involved.
- Online registration via RevSport
REGISTRATION CLOSES 9PM THE SATURDAY PRIOR TO EACH RACE. If you register after this time your registration may be missed.
- Register in person at the DBCYA bar on Saturday between 12 noon and 9pm.
MEMBERSHIP and INSURANCE PARTICULARS
Skippers are required to be DBCYA financial senior members.
Skippers are required to ensure that all their crew are members of Australian Sailing (AS) prior to sailing, to ensure they are covered by personal accident cover.
This is achieved by either:
1) DBCYA sail crew membership (preferred method)
– automatic AS membership, plus the benefits of DBCYA membership including access to all facilities. $40 annual fee.
2) Sailpass temporary AS membership
– an online registration system which provides temporary cover for that day only. $10 per pass. Handy for guest crew appearances. QR code also provided in the Official WSRS Racebook.
A reminder that all crew visiting the DBCYA premises (say for after-race drinks and presentation) more than three times per year must obtain DBCYA social membership as a minimum.
There is a $20 non-refundable participation fee per yacht, per race.
The elapsed racing time of each yacht shall be multiplied by a Performance Handicaps to give a corrected finish time for each yacht.
Prizes shall be awarded to the first three places on corrected time.
$100 1st place, $75 2nd, $50 3rd. A 6pk of Great Northern Black Fish awarded for line honours (start and finish)
THE START TIMES
Start times: 1330 hours
All yachts (Monohull and Multihull) shall start together as one division from Stokes Hill Wharf, finishing off Stokes Hill Wharf.
Refer to the ‘Notice of Race’ in the Official WSRS Racebook (pg 14) for the start signals chart.
Before starting your trip, get the most up to date marine forecast from the Bureau of Meteorology.
Do the ‘5 Vital Weather Safety Checks’ when planning your boating trip:
- Warnings current for your boating area
- Weather conditions affecting safe navigation and comfort
- Wind conditions
- Wave conditions
- Tide times
Read more information about how to use the five vital weather safety checks.
Local marine weather information
- NT Coastal Waters Forecasts map
- NT coast wind and wave forecast maps (MetEye)
- NT coast tide predictions