Wet Season Race Series – Annual 9 race series from Nov to March
2021-22 WET SEASON RACE SERIES
DBCYA hosts the annual Wet Season Race Series (WSRS) each year, with nine different course races held over the period November to March, with a break for the festive season. Sailors can expect a lively race series, with the occasional build-up storm squall and wet season downpour. Participants then head to the clubhouse to catch up on the day’s action and find out the day’s winners. Many stay on to enjoy the a-la-carte dinner options and live music on offer. Race results are determined by handicap. DBCYA welcomes all skippers and crew no matter what their experience.
The main purpose of the race series is for skippers and crew to test and develop their skills in a friendly, supported environment and to help prepare for cruising adventures.
2021-22 WSRS Official Racebook – including Notice of Race
RACE DATES, COURSES AND RESULTS
Race courses available prior to each race (posted to this page)
Race 1 Sun 14 November 2021 – Course Race 1
Race 2 Sun 28 November 2021 – Course Race 2
Race 3 Sun 12 December 2021 – Course Race 3
Race 4 Sun 16 January 2022 – Course Race 4
Race 5 Sun 30 January 2022 – Course Race 5
Race 6 Sun 13 February 2022 – Course Race 6
Race 7 Sun 27 February 2022 – Course Race 7
Race 8 Sun 13 March 2022 – Course Race 8
Race 9 Sun 27 March 2022 – Course Race 9
Plus (separate races not included in the WSRS) –
Novice at the Helm Sun 09 January 2022
Stern Chaser Race Wed 26 Jan 2022
WSRS Presentation Night Sat 09 April 2022
There are three divisions for mono-hulls:
- Racing I Division – For the cruiser/racer and racing boats
- Racing II Division – For those cruisers with a slightly more competitive streak and/or faster boats
- Cruising Division – The most popular division with, as the name suggests, more emphasis on camaraderie than competition.
Plus for Multi-hulls there is
- Multi-hull Cruising division
WSRS SIGN ON
There are three ways to register for a race:
- At the official sign-on, between 6pm and 7pm the Friday before each race at the DBCYA clubhouse, where a free drink for the skipper awaits. New participants are especially encouraged along on the Friday to get familiar and get involved.
- Online registration via RevSport. REGISTRATION CLOSES 9PM THE SATURDAY PRIOR TO EACH RACE. If you register after this time your registration will be missed.
- If you miss the official sign-on and don’t have access to a computer, you can still register in person at the DBCYA bar on Saturday between 12 noon and 9pm.
Indemnity form 2021-22– all skippers and crew to complete prior to participation in the series. Hard copies also available from the Race Committee at sign-on.
VESSEL EQUIPMENT SAFETY AUDIT FORM
All skippers are required to complete a self audit of their vessel equipment and complete the Safety Audit Form – Cat 5 and return to the WSRS race committee prior to commencing their second race. Audit forms can also be collected at sign-on.
MEMBERSHIP and INSURANCE PARTICULARS
Skippers are required to be DBCYA financial senior members.
Skippers are required to ensure that all their crew are members of Australian Sailing (AS) prior to sailing, to ensure they are covered by personal accident cover.
This is achieved by either:
1) DBCYA sail crew membership (preferred method)
– automatic AS membership, plus the benefits of DBCYA membership including access to all facilities. $40 annual fee.
2) Sailpass temporary AS membership
– an online registration system which provides temporary cover for that day only. $10 per pass. Handy for guest crew appearances. QR code is provided in the Official Racebook.
A reminder that all crew visiting the DBCYA premises (say for after-race drinks and presentation) more than three times per year must obtain DBCYA social membership as a minimum.
There is a $20 non-refundable participation fee per yacht, per race.
THE START TIMES
Refer to the ‘Notice of Race’ in the Official Race book for the start signals chart.
- Div 1 Racing 1 Start time 1325
- Div 2 Racing II Start time 1330
- Div 3 Cruising Start time 1335
- Div 4 Multi-hulls Start time 1340
2022 DRY SEASON STOKES HILL CUP (6 race Series) – click here for more information
Before starting your trip, get the most up to date marine forecast from the Bureau of Meteorology.
Do the ‘5 Vital Weather Safety Checks’ when planning your boating trip:
Read more information about how to use the five vital weather safety checks.
Local marine weather information